Friday, October 21, 2011

Ditching Sugar

In mid September I started to think about how much junk food and by that I mean candy and chips I was  consuming all to0 often. I rarely eat fast food like burgers,french fries already and I am not a pop drinker. The more I thought about  it and became really aware of the junk I was eating I realized that it was time to change that behaviour. I read a little bit about decreasing sugar from my diet and knew that I could do it.

On October 1st I stopped eating chips and candy. I know that I could also cut out white pasta and rice but I  decided to focus solely on the chips and candy for this month. I am happy to say that I have done extremely well. I did eat a small piece of home made chocolate cake on Thanksgiving and this week my hormones have been a little off balance so I have had a couple small sweets. As an additional bonus I have lost about 8 pounds just buy cutting out candy and chips.